Saturday 10 July 2010

"Woodside Green" v Clapham Nomads - 10/7/10

Sincere apologies to everyone who made the long and fruitless journey to Warlingham for this match.
This sort of thing just doesn't normally happen with the Nomads. It's been at least 9 years since there has been a wasted journey for any reason other than weather, but I know that doesn't make it any less annoying for you guys.
Normally I'm very careful to ensure that the opposition are lined up and ready for a match but occasionally, such as today, I have been a bit over-confident and have just taken it on trust that an opposition who have been extremely reliable in the past will continue to be so.
I don't really know what has happened with Woodside Green. Their website is almost no use at all. We did ask around at a few local grounds and it seems they may have a Sunday match against different opposition, so I can only speculate that their Fixtures Secretary must have either forgotten to write down the fixture - and it definitely was arranged because it is rare for Nomads to play a Saturday game so it is something I would remember - or else he was not able to get a pitch for the game and omitted to tell us.
Anyway, very sorry again and if it ever does happen again, and I sincerely hope it won't, it will not be because of a lack of effort on our part. NL

No comments:

Post a Comment