Thursday 27 September 2012

Tea of the Year Result

Congratulations go out to Streatham & Marlborough cc's Catering Dept who prepared Nomads Opposition Tea of the Year for 2012.  At the end of May, I didn't think anyone could top Caribbean Mix's tea - it was scrumptious, one of Mr and Mrs Ferguson's best.
However, it is theoretically possible that there might be someone out there who doesn't love spicy chicken and rice followed by exotic cake and therefore S & M spanked the opposition and scooped the prize.  Their tea had just about everything.  I'm quite a picky eater despite my size and I had 3 platefuls.  If I remember correctly, there were sandwiches, chicken pieces, pies, sausages, samosas, stuff for veggies and a few things that I couldn't identify but were being demolished with relish by team-mates.  There was tea, juice/squash or water.  For dessert there was a fine choice of cakes which prompted one of Nomads' most energetic fielding performances, including Battenberg - always a double points scorer when assessing any cricket tea.
Well done Streatham and thanks very much.  The prize was intended to be Supper for Two with Andrew West and I would have been happy to facilitate this but, in light of Mr West's (currently unofficial) suspension by the club I will have to think of something else.  Perhaps lunch at the highly-rated Life cafe in Streatham High Road, SW16.  I will contact the club shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment