Tuesday 13 October 2015

Player of the year etc / John's report / Annual Meeting

We will probably have our Annual Meeting in early December at either Namak Mandi or Mirgh Masala, both in Tooting.
Batsman of the Year must be Mark - well ahead on both runs scored and average.  Honourable mention to Riaz though, and Prasanth played the best individual innings with 87 against the Exiles. Hassan also had a good average.
Bowler of the Year is pretty interesting.  Abbas had the best average and took a decent amount of wickets but quit the club in May.  Sami was good as was Riaz, though Riaz didn't bowl that many overs.  Hassan impressed but missed a large chunk of the season.  Emil's average was not fantastic but was respectable in the context of our performances.  He got through a hell of a lot of work, was the top wicket-taker and it was his best year as a bowler for a while.
Fielder of the Year could have a number of contenders.  I'd have to go back through the reports before I stuck my neck out.
Main Player of the Year contenders would be, I would say, Mark and Riaz.

Sorry, I haven't posted John's report of the season here, for the valid reason that he hasn't written it yet - partly because he keeps going to Dartmoor on holiday and also because I still have the scorebook.  It promises to be interesting though and, when he does write it, I will post it on here along with all the other seasonal reports he has done, if I can get my hands on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment